Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fragrance Testing in CP Soap



November 1st, 2014
Fragrance Testing in CP Soap
I have ordered some fragrances I haven’t used before. I found myself skeptical of trusting website description about discoloration and acceleration statements, and I do my own little test





I have tested about 20 different fragrance oils of two various brands.
I used about 3 ounces of finished soap butter and about 1 tsp of fragrance oil. It was a stronger ration than normally used in CP soap, but that way i could see the worst scenario  of fragrance behavior.
I have a silicone baking cups I us for this sort of analysis


Here is the first look after pouring




The discoloration is visible in some pours right away.  
And here is the look after 2 days



I will take more pictures after additional few days to observe further change in colors if any noted.
Also, some of the fragrances accelerated, while others did not.
Please let me know if you’d be interested in the details of the test

   




















No comments:

Post a Comment